We have lots of expert on trickle tower filter in this forum, does any one has any advice to how to reduce the noise on this type filter?
I mean noise is a lot and basically makes it the worst type to use in your house or apartment. It got to be a way to make it quite or at least less noisy, any idea?
The biggest and only problems with trickle filtration system are:
Noise come from two area,
(1) The outlets (from the tank to the top tray)
(2) The trickle from the bottom tray to the tank
(1) You can tie a plastic bag (strips) around the outlets, as the water rush out, it is guided by these plastic bag strips, that would reduce the impact of the rushing water noise.
(2) Get a 'collection tray' to collect the falling droplets and then flow it down the tank through a pipe or holes. Can put sponge on the collection tray to silence the falling droplets.
(2) Or simply, add the water level near the base of the bottom tray (minimum distance between the droplet and the tank water surface = minimum noise). Of course to do that, you have to design a way that the trays (tower) sits a few inches into the tank.